SEE MY TRANSPLANT ON YOU TUBE

To see CNN video of my transplant go to http://www.youtube.com/. Then search " Susan Burroughs".

Are you on FACEBOOK? If so, send me a friend request so we can be friends! "Susan Crenshaw Burroughs"

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
For more information visit http://www.reachingoutfoundation.org/

Friday, May 23, 2008

I have now had my new lungs for 8 years. I have recently been diagnosed as being in chronic rejection because my pulmonary functions have dropped almost 20%. I have lost 15 pounds and I sleep more than 18 hours a day. However, I did find some "awake" time to go parasailing with my daughter in between dr visits and sleeping. In one month, I will celebrate my 48th birthday

4 comments:

David / Betti said...

Way to go, Susan. We hope you body continues to increase your count so that you can get this process behind you.

David / Betti

Anonymous said...

Susan, so glad you are able to go on your Wyoming trip...know you will have a fabulous time!

Am wondering about the reason for postponing the "photo" - did they expect your WBC to come up more after the earlier procedure?

Anonymous said...

Thank you.....

Anonymous said...

The WBC has been going in the wrong direction. It should have been rising not decreasing and the neutrophils should have been decreasing not increasing. They were going in the opposite direction.