SEE MY TRANSPLANT ON YOU TUBE

To see CNN video of my transplant go to http://www.youtube.com/. Then search " Susan Burroughs".

Are you on FACEBOOK? If so, send me a friend request so we can be friends! "Susan Crenshaw Burroughs"

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
For more information visit http://www.reachingoutfoundation.org/

Friday, August 1, 2008

Ready for the "Photo op"

On the road to taking care of this: Chronic Rejection!

Well, Well. my blood count is now off the charts. So we are finally ready to begin "photopheresis" on Monday. I can't believe I would be excited... but I am actually ready to get this show on the road. The treatment will last 15 to 18 months.

I will recieve one treatment on Monday. I will stay in Bham and get my 2nd treatment on Tuesday. Remember, I have a wonderful guardian angel "Carol" who happens to have an apartment in Bham, well she is letting me use her apt for whenever I get my treatments. I am so thankful for Carol. Thank you BJ for sharing your sister with me.

I will let you all know more after I get home on Monday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, We have been thinking and wondering about you. Good to know that you have the blog going so we can keep up. You are in our prayers and Good luck with the photo.

Jim and Faye Baggett

Joan McNeer said...

Susan,

We are pleased you set up the blog enabling us to follow your progress with treatment. We have total confidence in the UAB transplant team and in your inner strength and determination. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and have every faith in a favorable treatment outcome.

Anonymous said...

Hi stranger - sorry to hear you're still having to make medical history - but as usual you sound like you're approaching it with your take no prisoners attitude.

I'll be thinking of you. I'm good - waiting to find out if I will have a job after NBC takes over The Weather Channel. So keep your chin up and keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan,
I have been wondering for quite sometime how you have been. I was sorry to find out that you are having chronic rejection. I pray that this Photopheresis treatment will take care of the problem and have you feeling 100% better soon.
You are often in our thoughts and prayers and continue to be a big inspiration in our lives!
God Bless,
Jody Gramling

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I am sorry to hear you have been having these health problems, Caitlin & I will be keeping you and your entire family in our prayers. You are so strong so keep up your fighting Spirit! Thanks for the blog so all of us, to whom you mean so much, can keep updated with your progress.

God Bless,
Kathy and Caitlin Sabers

Bob said...

Susan, Our thoughts and prayers are w/ you and family. Bob and the girls

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You have been on my mind a great deal lately. Your blog was a wonderful idea, thanks for including me. I see that you are still the same "next event" Susan, some things never change and that really includes your incredible altitude. You are in my prayers.

Nancy B

Henry Crenshaw said...

Susan, We are so happy for the blog. We are glad that the treatment has started and pray that it will be a total success. We think of you often and keep you in our prayers. We have wanted to call but I have not been emotionally able to talk to you. Our friends who met you keep asking about you and you are on our prayer chain at church. We admire your spirit and know it will sustain you well during this trial. I am proud to be kin to you.