SEE MY TRANSPLANT ON YOU TUBE

To see CNN video of my transplant go to http://www.youtube.com/. Then search " Susan Burroughs".

Are you on FACEBOOK? If so, send me a friend request so we can be friends! "Susan Crenshaw Burroughs"

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
For more information visit http://www.reachingoutfoundation.org/

Friday, September 5, 2008

Tennis Match

I just wanted all of you to know how good I am feeling......


I played in my first ALTA match since spring. It went 3 hours. Mel and I took the set but it was tough. 1st set: Lost in tiebreaker 2nd set: won 6/3 3rd set: won 7/5. That is 34 games of tennis. I did not have the heart to tell them I was a double lung receipient and i was in chronic rejection!! The team took the match today winning 3 of the 5 sets.

This is part of my tennis team. The others are on the court.

1 comment:

David / Betti said...

Way to go, Susan! That is fantastic that you’re able to play like that. And it was very magnanimous of you to not confess that you are a double lung transplant in rejection. And throw in for good measure, “and I legally blind!” (I know you’re not, but it would be a humorous one-two punch that would knock ‘em down for the count). Keep it up! Were you wearing your good luck past, present and future diamond ring?