SEE MY TRANSPLANT ON YOU TUBE

To see CNN video of my transplant go to http://www.youtube.com/. Then search " Susan Burroughs".

Are you on FACEBOOK? If so, send me a friend request so we can be friends! "Susan Crenshaw Burroughs"

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
For more information visit http://www.reachingoutfoundation.org/

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Will Photopheresis help my current pulmonary functions


David asked.... will this help increase my pulmonary functions. The photo team tells me that most people have experienced increase in their PFT's. But at the very least... it will stop the downward progression. Luckily, my PFT's were in the high to low 90's. I am now in the 70's.

Now you must remember that for years I lived with my PFT's in the mid 20's. So even if I stablize in the mid 70's... I am still way ahead of the game. I will never ever regret getting the transplant.


I plan to start back playing tennis next week. I am on a Thursday Fall Women's Team. I have not played since the spring. I am very excited to get my tennis game back going again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Day is right!!! I am so glad that it worked and it will be great to see you back playing tennis! See you very soon!

Susan "Red"

Henry Crenshaw said...

Susan, we are so happy that the first treatment is over and apparently successful in spite of the problems. We pray for your continued improvement and hope you enjoy your tennis

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Great news on the success of your first treatment.

John Pickering